The Twinspire project, as found on Github, is a video game engine based on Kha, and written in the Haxe programming language.
There will be many features available in this project as it develops, but there is a lot of work to get done!
There are many ideas that I have for this project, but I have to start somewhere! Here is a non-exhaustive list of the short-term plans for this project:
- Implement a variety of GUI objects necessary for building useful interfaces that is commonly seen in video games. This includes: Buttons, Checkboxes, Radioboxes, Sliders, Drop-down Menus, Tabs and Tab Control, TextField, Label, Frames, and Group Containers.
- Implement Sprites that benefit from state-based animations, physics and movement control.
- Implement A* pathfinding AI that uses the existing
TileMap class to start with, and expanded later.
- Implement Spritesheet and Spine animation.
Tileset collision detection.
- Implement dynamic sound control which would use the game world and objects to determine where sound comes from.
Tutorials and Documentation
Currently, there are limited tutorials and documentation regarding the engine. Since it is still in early development, it is unlikely documentation will be produced until later in the development cycle.
Continued Support and Development
I would like to devote most of my free-time, since I have a lot of it currently, into improving and developing new features in this engine, including an editor. Of course, life isn't free and I need to pay my rent to keep a roof over my head.
It is not essential, but you may optionally donate via PayPal to help support me in developing new and improved features for this engine, as well as the editor.